Workbench R11 SP1 is installed on a new Windows XP 64-bit machine. Iâ€™m not able to run this product but an administrator can. I get the following error message: Registry Editor Registry Editing has been disabled by your administration
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Q: Workbench R11 SP1 has been installed on a new Windows XP 64-bit machine. I am unable to run this product but an administrator can – I get the following error message: ===================== Registry Editor Registry Editing has been disabled by your administration ===================== A. When Workbench R11 is started for the first time by any user it runs through registering all the Workbench settings under the Registry folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/classes If you do not have write permissions to the above folders you will get the message shown. You will need to wprk around this with your IT people. Note: At release 11.0, most registry settings were written to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE At release 11.0 SP1, registry entries were changed to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.