Workbench LS-DYNA 2021 R1/2 MPP RSM job fails with below errors, when # cores requested is larger than max. # of cores in compute node. Windows HPC: External operation: ‘submit’ has failed. This may or may not become a fatal error Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Properties.SchedulerException: This job requires at least 64 cores, but the list of candidate nodes that the Job Scheduler service returned for this job contains only 0 cores. The Job Scheduler service determines the candidate node list using the following job properties: NodeGroup, RequestedNodes, MinMemoryPerNode, MaxMemoryPerNode, MinCoresPerNode, MaxCoresPerNode, and ExcludedNodes. Either reduce the number of resources that the job requires, or redefine the relevant job properties, and then submit the job again. at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Store.JobEx.Submit(StoreProperty submitProps) at CliTools.SubmitJob.Execute(List`1 argsIn) at CliTools.CommandVerbList.Execute(List`1 args) at CliTools.Program.RunList(CommandVerbList list, String args) Failed to submit job to cluster SLURM Linux HPC cluster: External operation: ‘submit’ has failed. This may or may not become a fatal error sbatch: error: CPU count per node can not be satisfied sbatch: error: Batch job submission failed: Requested node configuration is not available Failed to submit job to cluster
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
It’s a known Bug # 497117 in 2021 R1 and R2 for LS-DYNA MPP RSM job submission using the new RSM API. It sets RSM_HPC_DISTRIBUTED=FALSE by mistake for LS-DYNA MPP job. The bug is fixed in 2022 R1. A workaround is to set environment variable USE_OLD_RSM_API=1 before start Workbench 2021 R1/R2 on client machine. For example, create a batch file on Windows with below content: set USE_OLD_RSM_API=1 start “” “C:Program FilesANSYS Incv212FrameworkbinWin64runwb2.exe”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.