June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
In CFX > Options > Units, you can change the System setting to Custom to select from a pre-defined list of Volumetric Flow units. The list in CFX-Pre cannot be modified. This means that you cannot add a custom unit such as barrels/hr, for instance. A possible workaround is as follows: 1) Create a flow rate expression called Qbph that is dimensionless and reflects the desired value of flowrate in barrels/hr. 2) Create an expression Q where Q = Qbph*(3.31188e-4 [m^3 s^-1]) Q can then be used in an expression for velocity or massflow to be applied in an inlet/outlet boundary condition. Note that in CFD-Post it is possible to add to the list using different combinations of volume and time units that are not currently present in the list.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?