With Fluent release 2021 Rx and using a Linux Job Scheduler without relying on a standard Fluent option for job submission the Fluent job will only run on one node on the cluster.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
This issue is related to a change which was only documented for SGE though it applies to LSF and PBS Pro as well. 3.3. Using Custom SGE Scripts If you use custom SGE scripts instead of relying on the standard Fluent option (either the -scheduler=sge option from the command line or the Use SGE option in Fluent Launcher, as described in the preceding sections), your environment variables related to the job scheduler will not be used unless you include the following environment variable in your script: FLUENT_LM_CHECK_ENABLE=1. https://ansysproducthelpqa.win.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v211/en/flu_lm/flu_sge_parallel_sge_sumbit_fluent_scripts.html Also, this is further enhanced in 21.2 and documented for all schedulers.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?