With ANSYS R12.0 Preview 7, you receive an error when reading a UG part using UG-NX in Reader mode (CAD program not open), although the UG NX connection works in Plug-In mode. Error: Unable to import geometry file: Attached Failed
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Problem: With ANSYS R12.0 Preview 7, you receive an error when attempting to pull in a UG part using UG-NX in Reader mode (CAD program not open), although the UG NX connection works in Plug-In mode. Error: Unable to import gemotry file: Attached Failed Reason: ANSYS R12.0 Preview 7 will search the DSUGII_ROOT_DIR environment variable before using the UGII_ROOT variable. Therefore if the DSUGII_ROOT_DIR variable is set to a path other than
UGSUGII, Workbench will be unable to start UG NX. This is a known problem in ANSYS R12.0 Preview 7 and we have changed the code for R12.0 so Workbench will ignore the DSUII_ROOT_DIR variable with our production release. Workaround/Fix: Rename/Delete the DSUGII_ROOT_DIR variable. NOTE: This variable is used by previous releases as a method to override the UGII_ROOT_DIR settings on some systems. In most cases this should not affect a previous installation of ANSYS on the machine.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.