June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
Mass scaling is always applied to all Lagrange elements in the model. The materials in Lagrange elements are usually solids which have high sound speed and thus have smaller stability time step. However, the materials in multi-material Euler domain are usually fluids which have low sound speed and thus have larger stability time step, which doesn’t need mass scaling. Furthermore, the grids in multi-material Euler domain are fixed in space and doesn’t move or deform. Thus, the mass scaling in Explicit Dynamics system doesn’t apply to the materials in the multi-material Euler elements.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?