Tagged: 19, General, structural-mechanics, workbench platform
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
There can be differences in WB Mechanical and DesignModeler. In the ANSYS 18.2 Help System, use “Tools menu > Go to Page…” and paste 1 line below: help/wb_dm/dm3dAnaToolsMassProp.html You will see the following note: Note: The values reported for Workbench geometry may differ slightly from values reported for the same entities converted to DesignModeler format due to differences in calculation methods. These differences are typically negligible. When DM transfers the geometry to Mechanical, the face quality influences the accuracy in Mechanical. In DM, use “Tools menu > Options… > Graphics” and change “Graphics: Facet Quality” to “10”. Then, refresh the geometry in Mechanical, and you should see that the Selection Information shows the consistent mass properties as DM. However please not that the Mechanical solver uses neither CAD source directly. The Mechanical solver’s mass properties printed at the start of the solution is based solely on the mesh. If you have a very fine mesh on complicated geometry, the mass properties will get close to or equal the actual CAD geometry, but if you have a very coarse mesh on curved geometry, it will differ from geometry.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.