Tagged: DesignModeler Faces
June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
Model may look OK in DesignModeler (DM) but not in Mechanical. This is because Share topology is defined in multibody parts in DM. When transferring the parts, DM does Boolean operations to connect the bodies so that a conformal mesh can be created on these multibody parts. If there are penetration or gaps between bodies, this could cause problems with the shared topology Boolean operation and may result in incorrect geometry when transferred to Mechanical.
A good way to prevent it is to run a interference detection in DM. Interference detection in DM is a beta option. So from WB project page, go to Tools -> Options -> Appearance and turn on Beta. In DM, go to Tools -> Analysis Tools -> Interference detection (beta) . One can hide all other bodies and check only the suspicious bodies. If any issue are found, it should be fixed before transferring model to Mechanical.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I make Cross section easier to view (not in drawing sheets)?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Midsurfacing
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Imprinting Geometry
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- ANSYS AIM: Convergence Tips for a Fluid Flow Simulation
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I reset the toolbar docking layout?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Weld Feature