Why is there a discrepancy between the value of the area that is displayed in DesignModeler vs. Mechanical?
June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
The area measurements shown in Mechanical are approximate, based on the tessellation. The value shown in DesignModeler is calculated in the geometry kernel and is very accurate. The value displayed in Mechanical can be further improved by increasing the Graphics Facet Quality in DesignModeler. It improves the faceting on the curved entities, and hence it reduces the discrepancy of the geometric properties like area, length.
To change the setting, under DesignModeler, go to
Tools // Options // DesignModeler // Graphics // Facet Quality
and set it to a higher value (default = 5). Once it is changed, refresh the geometry in Mechanical. A drawback to increasing this value may be longer attach times and slower geometry manipulation.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I make Cross section easier to view (not in drawing sheets)?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Midsurfacing
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Imprinting Geometry
- ANSYS AIM: Convergence Tips for a Fluid Flow Simulation
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I reset the toolbar docking layout?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Weld Feature