Why is the plastic strain larger after heat treatment step? Isn’t heat treatment suppose to anneal the build and remove the plastic strain?
January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
A few things to consider: The baseplate need only be sufficiently constrained to prevent rigid body motion during heat treatment. In other words, it should be free to expand and contract in X-Y direction. The broad face should only be constrained in Z. Confirm that reference temperatures are consistent between Engineering Data and Mechanical for correct thermal differential expansion calcs. You should not generally need large deflection, but turn that on if stress stiffening effects are significant. Keep in mind that the build yield strength is much lower at higher temperatures. Make sure that the build body yield strength defined in Engineering Data is appropriate for the heat treatment temperature specified in Mechanical.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?