Tagged: 19, fluent, fluid-dynamics, General - FLUENT
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
When running Fluent parallel, ensure that you pass the return value to the host process that it can be used for reporting. If you use Message or Message0 for debugging your UDF (user-defined function), you should get the expected value because most calculations are done on the node processes. But monitoring is done by the Cortex process which gets its data from the host only. If you don’t pass the data to the host process, you get whatever is stored in memory. It might be zero but it can be any arbitrary number. You can find more information about message passing with node_to_host_* macros in the ANSYS Fluent Customization Manual, chapter “Communicating Between the Host and Node Processes”. For a detailed example that uses REPORT_DEFINITION_FN, refer to solution 2053120: How can an input parameter be used for report expressions in ANSYS Fluent?
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.