Why is the ds.dat file produced during the solve different from the file Tools > Write ANSYS Input file produces when temperatures are applied in a structural analysis in Workbench Simulation?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Workbench always does a sequential thermal-structural analysis when temperatures are applied in a structural analysis. The degree of freedom temperatures are solved first in the thermal analysis. Then a structural analysis is solved with these temperatures applied as body forces (BF command). The ds.dat file doesn’t show the thermal step, it just shows the results of the thermal analysis (i.e.: temperatures applied as body forces). When the ANSYS input file is written (Tools > Write ANSYS Input file), the designed behavior is not to solve, so all workbench can do is write the first input file: the thermal one.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.