Tagged: 19.1, contact, General, mechanical, structural-and-thermal, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Question: Why is my ‘contact tool’ not generating results? Why do I get the following error message when I try to ‘Generate Initial Contact information’? Error message: “You have a contact tool with invalid contact selections or result requests” Answer: As the error message suggests, the ‘contact tool’ does not have proper selections. It is lacking information. Before clicking on ‘Generate Initial Contact Information’, please check whether the ‘contact tool’ has a question mark ( “?” ) in the tree outline or not. “?” usually indicates something is either underdefined or unsupported. If you see a “?” , check in the worksheet view to make sure all the required contacts are listed there before generating initial contact information. To include all the contacts, RMB click in the empty table displayed on the worksheet >> ‘Scope to All contacts’. The “?” on the contact tool should be gone now. One possible reason for the “?” on the ‘Contact tool’ is if the user takes following route to include the ‘contact tool’ : “RMB click on a ‘Connection Group’ folder >> Create >> Contact Tool.” . Instead RMB click on the “Connection” >> Insert >> Contact Tool
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Stress Concentration Tips & Tricks
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.