May 25, 2023 at 7:29 amFAQParticipant
For example the Maxwell 3D file has a core permeability of 1400 (approx) and the total energy gives an equivalent inductance of 100uH (approx). PEmag assigns to the core an effective permeability mu based on the AL value (the manufacturer says AL = 800 nH/turn^2). mue = AL*le/Ae/mu0 = 800e-9*19.3e-3/11.3e-6/(pi*4e-7)= 1087.32 So value in PEmag is lower than the one from Maxwell. Thus total energy in the Maxwell 3D simulation gives 78uH. There is a workaround, modify by hand the AL value in PEmag as follows: AL = mu*mu0*Ae/le = 1400*pi*4e-7*11.3e-6/19.3e-3 = 1030 nH/t^2 and you will get the desired values. PExprt uses an AL value similar to the one suggested by the manufacturer of the core. It is a good idea to keep doing it because we follow the manufacturer recommendations. Take into account that this AL (or permeability) can have a very high tolerance (+-25%) and it is directly reflected in the inductance value for non-gaped designs. Ferroxcube gives for clients core AL = 800 nH/t^2. So, L = 800*10^2 = 80 uH But it could be: L = 1.25*80 = 100 uH or: L = 0.75*80 = 60 uH Using a gapped component will minimize this variation, since the inductance depends primarily on the air gap and the AL tolerance effect is diminished.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Cloud Computing from Electronics Desktop
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part V
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part II
- Electric Motor Design Using Ansys Motor-CAD – Part 1
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part I
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Motor Design Based on Electromagnetic and CFD Coupling
- Wireless Power Transfer – Part 1
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part III
- How I can export an equivalent circuit of a Q3D model?
- Install Electromagnetics RSM on the Windows Platform
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.