June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
In 17.1 the skin surface algorithm wrapped a nurbs/brep surface onto the STL while the STL is in its original 3D state. Based on this algorithm a smoothing option was capable, in addition to adjusting the # of samples In 17.2 and on, the skin surface tool was re-written to take the STL, mathematically flatten it. Then the nurbs surface it put on the planar STL, and then the STL is transfer back to 3D, and it drags the control points/nodes of the nurbs spline surface with it, back into 3D. This new algorithm doesn’t allow for a smoothing setting In 17.2 and on, you can decrease the number of samples to smooth it, or customers can buy the facets tab and use the shrinkwrap tool (and sometimes the smooth tool) to get the same impact as smoothing in the old skin surface.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?