Why does Workbench 2021R1. Still attempt to connect to the ANSYS Licensing Interconnect running on port 2325?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Although the ANSYS 2021R1 Help text indicates it is no longer necessary to have an ANSYS License Interconnect (ALI). Running on your ANSYS License Server machines. Opening ANSYS Workbench 2021R1 will still trigger an attempt to connect to an ALI. This is to attempt to obtain a list of cached licenses which can then be used, to populate the main Workbench toolbox. If the attempt to connect to an ALI fails license increment existence checks are then carried out using direct calls to the lmgrd/ansyslmd components of ANSYS licensing which on a slow network connection can result in a long startup time for Workbench.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?