Why does the Workbench Simulation Asynchronous Solution (or Remote Solve) fail when the Unix machine platform is Linux AMD64, but works OK on other Unix platforms?
April 5, 2023 at 2:31 pmFAQParticipant
a. The Workbench Simulation Asynchronous Solution executes “ftp” on the remote Unix machine in order to transfer files. The default installation of Linux AMD64 (and possibly others) does not enable “ftp” by default, but rather “sftp” or “vsftp”. The administrator must enable or install an “ftp” server on the Linux machine. You can test for the presense of the “ftp” client by executing the following from a Windows Command Prompt: c:> ftp
A response of “Connection Refused” or “Connection Timed Out” indicates that the “ftp” server is not installed or configured. b. The Workbench Simulation Asynchronous Solution requires the “ftp” client to support ASCII transfer mode. The default installation of Linux AMD64 (and possibly others) does not enable ASCII transfer mode by default. The administrator must enable ASCII file transfer mode on the Linux server. The following is a general procedure which may not be exact for all applicable platforms: http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WS-20040116-DM01.htm WS_FTP – Cannot make ASCII transfers to a Linux server Product: Version: Platform: WS_FTP All All Question/Problem: I can’t make ASCII transfers to a Linux server. Answer/Solution: On some ftp servers (vsftpd, for example) you will have to make a change on the server to allow ASCII transfers. –vsftpd– By default, the server will pretend to allow ASCII mode, but in fact, will ignore the request. Turn on the options below to have the server actually do ASCII mangling on files when in ASCII mode. In /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf, the lines: ascii_upload_enable=YES ascii_download_enable=YES need to be uncommented (i.e, remove the # at beginning of these lines). Then, restart the server.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?