Why does solving Mechanical models through RSM uses two licenses and how can I force it to use a single license?
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
The Workbench Framework is built in such a way that solving Mechanical models through RSM will require two licenses. To be more specific, this will require two capabilities : – one capability to verify the setup (such as the mech_struct capability), – one capability to solve the model (such as the ans_solve capability). These two capabilities can be either picked from two separate licenses, or from a single license that contains several capabilities (for example the ansys increment has both mech_struct and ans_solve capability). To use only one license, you will have to change the Workbench settings : from the Workbench project page, go to Tools / options / Mechanical and change “Release License for pending jobs” to “Always”. Moreover, if Mechanical remains open, it will keep a license, so to be sure to use only one license, Mechanical should be closed and the solve done through the Workbench project page.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.