Why does Mechanical APDL 2019R3 (19.5), run on a Linux CentOS operating system, fail with the error, v195/ansys/bin/answish195: line 32: 16986 Aborted (core dumped) MISSING DOCUMENTATION FILE DOCU LIST FILE = /v195/v195/H3 MISSING FILE NAME = /v195/v195/ai
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
This normally indicates the ANSYS 19.5 software was first installed in a directory. Then manually moved to a different directory. On Linux the file, v195/ansys/gui/en-us/UIDL/menulist.ans which consists of four lines, v195/ansys/gui/en-us/UIDL/UIMENU.GRN v195/ansys/gui/en-us/UIDL/UIFUNC1.GRN v195/ansys/gui/en-us/UIDL/UIFUNC2.GRN v195/ansys/gui/en-us/UIDL/MECHTOOL.AUI has its contents hard coded at installation time. These four lines will need to be manually modified. To reflect the directory to which the ANSYS software has been manually moved.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?