Why does it take so long to compute the RPSD. It is taking 10 times as long as the PSD analysis itself.
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Theory Manual Equation 19.14-1 is used in computing RPSD. The number of calculations involved is approximately proportional to modes**3 depending on the resolution set with STORE,PSD. For a large number of modes the number of calculations becomes very large. My suggestion is to reduce the resolution on the STORE,PSD command to STORE,PSD,3 or so. Then once the RPSD is computed integrate it; take the square root and compare it to the 1 sigma value in POST1 to ensure the accuracy of the RPSD curve. While speed is a major limitation of RPSD , it does allow the user flexibility in computing the RPSD of any dof, stress or force quantity after the solution is already done. In some software the user has to specify the desired result prior to solution.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
- What does the warning “Diagonal of the mass matrix is missing in file” indicate when using RSTMAC command?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- What is mass moment of inertia in Point Mass used for?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- If the stress is higher than ultimate strength in Response Spectrum Analysis, does this mean that the component may break or yield?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.