Why does ANSYS Fluent report a floating point exception at the first iteration when working with the non-equilibrium thermal model for porous cell zones (NETM)?
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The non-equilibrium thermal model (NETM) for porous zones in ANSYS Fluent requires the porosity to be smaller than 1 which is the default value. If you forget to adjust this value the solution diverges in the first iteration. Fluent also prints a warning after activating the model to remind you that this value must be adjusted.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Simulating Battery Pack Cooling System Using Ansys Fluent
- Thermal Analysis of a Radiator Using Ansys Fluent
- Defining heat transfer coefficient (HTC)
- ANSYS Fluent Student: Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Heat Sink
- ANSYS Fluent: Overview of the Mapped Interface Technique for CHT Simulations (18.2)
- How to set up a heat source in CFX in a subdomain that results in a constant temperature
- Tips for resolving unphysical temperatures and poor convergence with CHT cases.
- Plate Heat Exchanger Solver Setup in ANSYS Student – Part 1
- How much number of faces per cluster value should be used for S2S radiation model in ANSYS Fluent?
- What are the TUI commands to enable / disable Shell Conduction?