Why does activation of Nonlinear Adaptive Meshing (NLAD) cause model to take a different convergence path even before remeshing occurs?
Tagged: 19.2, mechanical, meshing, modeling-and-meshing, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
NLAD does not support auto-asymmetric contact behavior or small sliding algorithm. Hence, if model includes symmetric nonlinear pairs, it is possible that auto-asymmetric is deactivating the current pair when NLAD is off, but keeping both pairs when NLAD is on. Also, perhaps small sliding is active when NLAD is off, but it is disabled with NLAD is active. The solve.out file should record these setting. Check the solve.out file carefully.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench
- How to avoid SpaceClaim session freezing or slowing down for certain operations?
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- Why might a 2D axisymmetric model fail to open in Mechanical?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.