Why do X Face Area, Y Face Area, and Z Face Area not represent the magnitude of ‘Area’ on all surfaces in Fluent?
Tagged: 19.2, fluent, fluent-post-processing, fluid-dynamics, General
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
The variables X Face Area, Y Face Area, and Z Face Area are intended only for zone surfaces. On estimating these post-processing variables for face zones, one can estimate the total area of that face zone. They are meant to work only on face zones which show up in the boundary conditions panel. They are not intended for post-processing surfaces such as isosurfaces and those created using the plane tool in Fluent. For additional information on these variables, please refer to the Fluent Users Guide. Keywords: X face area, Y face area, Z face area, surfaces
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.