Why do I get the following error in HFSS Transient when using waveports: “Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port ‘1’ contacts more than one non-conducting material which violates the TEM terminal modes restriction” ?
February 6, 2023 at 2:42 pmFAQParticipant
Currently, the transient solver doesn’t support non-TEM mode ports. So TE & TM port modes for waveguides for example won’t work, and neither will quasi-TEM port modes for structures like microstrip lines and coplanar waveguides. Only TEM are supported. A workaround for microstrip and coplanar waveguide structures would be to use a lumped port between the signal conductor and ground. Do this, instead of using a waveport, whose geometry would extend to the air above the microstrip line (and touching multiple conductors), thus supporting quasi-TEM port modes. The lumped port will support purely TEM modes, thus getting rid of this error.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Cloud Computing from Electronics Desktop
- Are solid losses and eddy losses the same in Maxwell?
- How do I calculate inductance and resistance of a coil in post-processing phase?
- How I can export an equivalent circuit of a Q3D model?
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Motor Design Based on Electromagnetic and CFD Coupling
- How to perform a material sweep?
- Electric Motor Design Using Ansys Motor-CAD – Part 1
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part I
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part V
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part II