Why do I get the error “Failed to check out license ‘optimetrics’.”, when I run an HFSS design that was opened from within Workbench, and this happens despite the fact that the design is not setup for an optimetrics analysis.
May 25, 2023 at 7:29 amFAQParticipant
When HFSS is started from within Workbench, there is a default Optimetrics/DefaultDesignXplorerSetup in the Project Manager window which is created, and which establishes the link to Workbench. If a simulation is started by clicking on ‘Analyse All’ inside of HFSS, HFSS will try to solve all the setups in the design, including the Optimetrics setup. Instead, expand the Analysis folder in the Project Manager window, then right mouse click on Setup1 > Analyze. Or, start the simulation from Workbench by right mouse clicking on the Solution cell > update.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Cloud Computing from Electronics Desktop
- Are solid losses and eddy losses the same in Maxwell?
- How do I calculate inductance and resistance of a coil in post-processing phase?
- How I can export an equivalent circuit of a Q3D model?
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Motor Design Based on Electromagnetic and CFD Coupling
- How to perform a material sweep?
- Electric Motor Design Using Ansys Motor-CAD – Part 1
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part I
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part V
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part II