Why do I get the error ‘Error: Failed locating standalone Icepak installation. Please set AWP_ROOT202 environment variable to the versioned directory in the install.’ when running Icepak within SIwave?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
For SIwave 2020R2 and earlier versions, an Icepak Classic installation from the Fluids installation package is required to start the Icepak solver. Make sure this is installed. The env var mentioned in the error message will be set. Verify this in the system environment variables. Its value will be the install folder (AWP_ROOT202 = C:Program FilesANSYS Incv202). As from SIwave 2021.1, the Fluent solver will be launched from the ANSYS AEDT installation, thus an Icepak Classic installation will not be required.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?