Why do I get an out of bounds temperature at a wall that has specified temperatures as the thermal condition?
Tagged: 16, cfx, fluid-dynamics, General, General - CFX
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
At the intersection of a specified temperature boundary and an adiabatic wall, there is ambiguity as to which condition should prevail. CFX solves the conservation equation for the nodes on all these boundaries all the time, and uses the specified temperature to close the flux through the boundary faces. However, this closure can support negative coefficients (and hence out-of-bound temperatures) when the boundary face area is larger than the ‘interior’ face area (ie. concave surfaces). To obtain bounded values, preform the following steps: – Set the expert parameter (not in the GUI): boundary diffusion scheme = 3 – Make the adiabatic planes symmetry planes. – Display hybrid values
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.