March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
Check the Import Summary, and if you see the word “UNSUPPORTED”, the Iges file contains surface entities that cannot be translated by the IGESIN Command. See example below. In particular, the Ansys Classic IGESIN command only supports the Iges “Trimmed Surface” entity. It does not support nurb or other b-rep surfaces. The work around is to have your CAD system export a new iges file using the Trimmed Surface entities. Example Summary Output =================== TRANSFER COMPLETE IGES-TO-ANSYS TRANSFER REPORT TYPE FORM ENTITY DESCRIPTION NUMBER STATUS —- —- —————— —— —— 110 0 LINE 12 TRANSFERRED 116 0 POINT 6 TRANSFERRED 123 0 DIRECTION 12 UNSUPPORTED 186 0 MANIFOLD SOLID B-REP OBJECT 1 NOT TRANSFERRED 190 1 PLANE SURFACE 6 UNSUPPORTED << UnSupported Surfaces 502 1 VERTEX 1 TRANSFERRED 504 1 EDGE 1 TRANSFERRED 508 1 LOOP 6 TRANSFERRED 510 1 FACE 6 TRANSFERRED 514 1 SHELL 1 TRANSFERRED ------ TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTITIES = 52 REPORT COMPLETE
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?