Why can’t I access results at all of the nodes in my model which includes midside (quadratic) nodes with most post commands or the *GET/*VGET commands?
January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
In Mechanical APDL output based on /GRAPH,FULL does not calculate results for midside nodes. With /GRAPH,POWER active and /EFACET,2 the PRNSOL command will print midside node results. It just averages the corner nodes on the same element edge. The other post processing print commands (including PRVECT) and the *GET/*VGET all only handle corner node results. In Mechanical (via Workbench) the export process of nodal results will also calculate values for the midside nodes. From ANSYS Help link: help/ans_mod/Hlp_G_MOD2_4.html#aQXQxq1ecmcm (R 18.2 ANSYS Mech. APDL Modeling and Meshing Guide Section 2.2.2) “In postprocessing, the program uses only corner nodes for section and hidden line displays. Similarly, nodal stress data for printout and postprocessing are available only for the corner nodes. In graphics displays, midside-node elements, which actually use a curved edge in the element formulation, are displayed with straight-line segments (unless PowerGraphics is used). Models will therefore look “cruder” than they actually are.”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?