March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
The patch for VOF cases by default have the flag “Patch Reconstruct Interface” active. This setting requires that a selected register to patch is correctly defined. This means that for a region register the min-value must be smaller than the max-value for each direction. If this is not the case the patch will not change any value. As a solution use either of the following: a – deselect “Patch Reconstruct Interface” b – provide a correctly defined cell register Keywords: VOF, patch, patching, cell register, region, patch options, Volume Fraction, multiphase
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Solver message during DPM calculation: “number of stepsize underflows during particle integration step is x”. What does it mean and how to get rid of it?
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Cavitation in a Centrifugal Pump
- ANSYS Fluent: Efficient Modeling of Spray Breakup using VOF-to-DPM Transition
- Simulation of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler with CFD
- ANSYS Fluent: Lifeboat Launch – Overset & Dynamic Meshes with the Volume of Fluid Model
- Mixing Tank Modeling in ANSYS Fluent
- How can I get the surface area or volume when using VOF model?
- Hydrodynamics and Wave Impact Analysis
- Fluent: Simulating Multiphase Mixing within a Sparging Tank – Part 1
- Optimizing Solid Distribution in Continuous Stirred-Tank Reactor
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.