Why are some surface features (zero thickness) go missing when I import a parasolid file (.x_t) into SpaceClaim?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Instead of importing the parasolid file directly from workbench (using the Geometry component), you need to import the file from ANSYS SpaceClaim. Double click on the Geometry to open SpaceClaim. Open SpaceClaim options: File -> SpaceClaim Options Select ‘File Options’ and ‘General’ and make sure that the following options under ‘Improve imported data’ are unchecked: ‘Clean and simplify geometry’, and ‘Stitch nearby surfaces together’ This should prevent SpaceClaim from modifying the geometry during import operation. You should be able to import your geometry from: ‘Assembly’ tab -> ‘File’ Keywords: Import, ANSYS SpaceClaim, surfaces getting merged
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.