Why are my Parameters in the Expressions of the Workbench Platform Parameter Manager wrongly evaluated?
Tagged: fluid-dynamics, workbench, workbench platform
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
The following functions that can be used in Workbench expression are designed to perform on number argument. Although there is no warning/error given when they are used on quantities, the result returned by the functions can implicitly depends on project unit system and can sometimes be unexpected. int nint abs fabs sign ceil floor round trunc Suggested way to applying these functions on quantities is to convert between quantity and number before and after calling the functions, so to get a definite result. For example, suppose a length parameter P1 has value 97.5 [mm], instead of calling round(P1) a reliable way would be: round(P1/1[mm])*1[mm]
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.