Why am I still seeing contacts in the Mesh tree whereas the ‘Auto Detect Contact On Attach’ option is deactivated?
June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
From the Workbench window menu option Tools/Options/Meshing, there is an option called ‘Auto Detect Contact On Attach’. This option controls whether to create or not create Contacts when a geometry is loaded into Meshing. When activated, this option will allow Meshing to create contacts where needed, or add missing contacts when updating the geometry after a geometry (or a tolerance) modification. However, the option cannot delete existing contacts. Even if the option is deactivated, the existing contacts (from previous geometry updates) are still in the tree : you need to manually remove them if they are not needed (and answer ‘No’ to the ‘Generate Automatic Connection on Refresh’ option, listed in the ‘Connections’ detail panel) to prevent additional unwanted contact creation
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- How to extrude a face zone in Fluent?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- Why my 2D mesh is appearing as a 3D mesh with a thickness of one cell in Workbench Meshing?
- How to Fix the Error: “Mesh Exporter does not Support Overlapping Geometry in Named Selections”?
- ANSYS Student: Meshing Best Practices for Students
- ANSYS BladeModeler Overview: Design of a Centrifugal Compressor
- How to Compress a Mesh File?