Why am I still seeing contacts in the Mesh tree whereas the ‘Auto Detect Contact On Attach’ option is deactivated?
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
From the Workbench window menu option Tools/Options/Meshing, there is an option called ‘Auto Detect Contact On Attach’. This option controls whether to create or not create Contacts when a geometry is loaded into Meshing. When activated, this option will allow Meshing to create contacts where needed, or add missing contacts when updating the geometry after a geometry (or a tolerance) modification. However, the option cannot delete existing contacts. Even if the option is deactivated, the existing contacts (from previous geometry updates) are still in the tree : you need to manually remove them if they are not needed (and answer ‘No’ to the ‘Generate Automatic Connection on Refresh’ option, listed in the ‘Connections’ detail panel) to prevent additional unwanted contact creation
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?