Why am I seeing spurious temperatures at a fluid-solid interface that are lower than those specified in the boundary conditions?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
I have a model of a vertical section through a probe design. I have run a solution in CFX-5 (heat transfer only, no flow) and I seem to be having problems at some of the interfaces – some cells at the interfaces between the different regions show spurious temperatures lower than any of the temperatures set in the boundary conditions. If you go into Pre and the domain interface (which is created automatically when you have a 1-1 interface) and change the Connection Type to GGi, this will eliminate the spurious temperatures. For a solid-solid interface where the conductivity is very different for the two solids, this is done automatically. Your case is a solid and a fluid, but the fluid has no advection, so it is essentially acting as a solid with a low conductivity and is therefore causing the problem. In summary, it should be fine to have automatic as the interface except in cases such as yours.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?