Why am I not able to open Design Modeler (.agdb) file into SpaceClaim DirectModeler ? Does it need a separate DesignModeler license?
Tagged: 19.1, General, mechanical, spaceclaim, structural-mechanics
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
Question: Why am I not able to open Design Modeler (.agdb) file into SpaceClaim DirectModeler? Does it need a separate DM license? How can I fix the following message: “Queuing for license ANS_DM has been initiated. The application will resume once the license is granted. Please use the ANSLIC_ADMIN utility to see who is currently using the license” Answer: Beginning at 18.0, it is now possible to read DesignModeler (.agdb) files into SpaceClaim Direct Modeler without needing a DesignModeler license. Versions prior to R18.0 require a DM license. By default, DesignModeler will check out its own license to read the file, but if no license is available it can still read the model data without the license in most cases. This is only applicable when importing DesignModeler geometry into SpaceClaim. The message you receive is “INFO” message which can be neglected. Follow these steps: – Open SCDM from within WB – Ignore the License info/error message. – Attempt to File >> Open the .agdb file in SCDM. – DM essentially opens read only, and transfers the .agdb file to SCDM.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.