While transferring Maxwell forces (2D transient) to Mechanical (harmonic). Electric motor running at 4000 rpm. If user uses a timestep size corresponding to a frequency increment higher than 66.6 Hz, it is reflected correctly in Mechanical, but anything below 66.6 Hz (e.g., 50 Hz) is not reflected in Mechanical imported forces.
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
Under “Enable Harmonic Force Dialog”, user was selecting “Collect Samples at completion” and number of cycles was one. Therefore it was collecting the data for one cycles which was equal to 66.6 Hz. In the electromagnetic suite under the Maxwell 2D tab, should select “Enable Harmonic Force Dialog” and then under “Advanced” tab we need to use “Collect Samples within a window” and set the stop time corresponding to timestep size.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?