April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
In Workbench meshing, ‘Size Function’ refer to automatic refinement algorithms, that can be invoked to properly mesh domains based on their topology. Several options are listed: -Adaptive: should not be used for CFD meshes -Curvature: refine curved zones, based on a provided ‘Curvature Normal Angle’ -Proximity: populate small gaps with provided ‘Number Cells Across Gaps’ -Curvature & proximity: combine two previous algorithms -Uniform: domain is meshed with a constant size, refinement are only local ones For CFD meshes, activate ‘Curvature’ whenever curved areas exist in your model. You might add ‘Proximity’ if you have small gaps to be refined, but it may prove very costly in terms of meshing time. In this case you have three options: -Keep only global ‘Curvature’, and activate ‘Proximity’ for local sizings where needed -Keep only global ‘Curvature’, and create local ‘Fixed’ sizings with smaller size -Use ‘Fixed’ global size function and create local sizings to refine curved areas and gaps where needed
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1