April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
From R17 onwards, you may use Tetrahedrons / Patch Conforming Method only to create a tetrahedral mesh, whatever its complexity. In previous versions, Patch Independent Method was an alternative to mesh more complex geometries, when manual or Virtual Topology cleanup were not an acceptable or practical solution to prepare the mesh. But the main shortcomings of the Patch Independent method remain its lack of topology control (no mesh on surfaces) and its relatively poor RAM efficiency (leading to a slower mesh generation). In latest versions, the cleanup capabilities have been improved in Workbench Meshing (for both local and global controls, for example with defeaturing). Therefore, these capabilities can be used in combination with the Patch Conforming method to perform tetra meshes, even if the geometry is not cleaned enough after import.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1