When the material data sheet of a polymer reports both the Tensile and the Flexural Modulus, which value may be used in place of Young’s Modulus?
January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
In general, both the Flexural and Tensile Modulus are used as Young’s Modulus of the material under Flexural (bending) and Tensile deformations respectively. For most metals at small strains, there is no much difference between these two values so either of them can be used as Young’s Modulus in simulations. For polymers, due to their nonlinear material behavior, these numbers need not be the same. In that case, it is recommended to use Tensile Modulus as Young’s Modulus of the material.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS ACCS: Simulation of a Composite Rib Using ANSYS Composite Cure Simulation Tool
- Question: What is the difference between PLNSOL, EPPL, EQV and PLNSOL,NL,EPEQ?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Delamination Analysis using Contact Debonding
- Hyperelastic Simulations
- Is Johnson Cook model supported for static structural analysis?
- When the material data sheet of a polymer reports both the Tensile and the Flexural Modulus, which value may be used in place of Young’s Modulus?
- Does it make sense to use viscoelastic material in static structural since it requires the calculation of strain rate?
- Why the anisotropic stiffness matrix in Engineering Data highlighted in yellow?
- Guidelines of modeling a gasket.
- How to use layered section to simulate composites and post process the results in ANSYS Mechanical