June 6, 2022 at 10:32 amFAQParticipant
When creating a mesh interface between 2 zones, Fluent will look at what are the overlapping and non-overlapping sections between the different sides of the interface. If the interface connects different fluid zones, the following boundary zones will be created :
Interface Interior Zone : this corresponds to the overlapping section through which will go the fluid flow
Boundary Zone 1 and Boundary Zone 2 : those correspond to the non-overlapping sections for each of the connected zones.
If the interface connects different solid zones (Coupled Wall), the following boundary zones will be created :
Interface Wall Zone 1 and Interface Wall Zone 2 : this corresponds to the overlapping section, through which will occur the heat transfer, split into a wall and a wall shadow, for each of the connected zones.
Boundary Zone 1 and Boundary Zone 2 : those correspond to the non-overlapping sections for each of the connected zones For additional information, the interface creation procedure for non-conformal meshes is fully described in the section “Non-Conformal Meshes” of Fluent User Guide.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- How to reverse surface normal in SpaceClaim?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Swept Multizone Meshing
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Blocking Improvement Using Edge Parameters and Vertex Alignment
- How to Change the Direction of the Normal Vector of the Internal Face?