January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
When creating a mesh interface between 2 zones, Fluent will look at what are the overlapping and non-overlapping sections between the different sides of the interface. If the interface connects different fluid zones, the following boundary zones will be created : -Interface Interior Zone : this corresponds to the overlapping section through which will go the fluid flow -Boundary Zone 1 and Boundary Zone 2 : those correspond to the non-overlapping sections for each of the connected zones If the interface connects different solid zones (Coupled Wall), the following boundary zones will be created : -Interface Wall Zone 1 and Interface Wall Zone 2 : this corresponds to the overlapping section, through which will occur the heat transfer, split into a wall and a wall shadow, for each of the connected zones. -Boundary Zone 1 and Boundary Zone 2 : those correspond to the non-overlapping sections for each of the connected zones For additional information, the interface creation procedure for non-conformal meshes is fully described in the section “Non-Conformal Meshes” of Fluent User Guide.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?