When running the adjoint solver I find I get the error message “Correction is of poor quality: no correction to solution being made this iteration”. What does this mean and how do I fix this?
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
At times, the adjoint solver can struggle to get over the first iteration, and the AMG does not respond well. Defensive checks have been built-in to avoid divergence by looking at the AMG convergence history, and the code will not add garbage into the adjoint calculation if the AMG is seen to be failing. However, in cases showing the reported error message, these checks are too conservative. To work around this error message and allow the first iteration to continue, please type the following command into the TUI console window: (rpsetvar ‘adjoint/unusable-corrections-accepted? #t) The calculations should work as expected.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?