When running in SMP using Fluent 18.2, Double Precision (does not happen in Single Precision) and IBMMPI (default) you might encounter one of the following issues/errors “The FLUENT application failed to validate the connection.” “mpirun.exe has stop working” “MPI application rank 0 exited before MPI_Finalize () with status…” Fluent 18.2 hangs
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Resolution: Use Intel MPI OR Share the ANSYS Inc directory located by default at C:Program FilesANSYS Inc Right Click on the ANSYS Inc directory, Go to Properties, Sharing (TAB), Click “Advanced Sharing” Select “Share this Folder”, then Advanced Change the permission to Full Control Apply, OK Back to the Sharing folder copy the network Path to ANSYS Inc Paste the network path in the Fluent_Root Path adding v182fluent So your root path would look like this not a local path \computer_nameAnsys Incv182fluent
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.