January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
There are two different situations: 1) The flow demands solving the viscous sublayer: – This situation includes those cases where the wall-bounded effects are very important. Common examples are heat transfer, aerodynamic drag, pressure drop, flows with adverse pressure gradients… – To solve the viscous sublayer, the mesh must have a y+ < 1. 2) The flow does NOT demand solving the viscous sublayer: - These are cases where the wall-bounded effects are secondary, or where the flow undergoes geometry-induced separation. A typical example is the flow surrounding a bluff body. - To solve this cases the first cell close to the wall should have a y+ value within 30-300.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?