When installing ANSYS products on a Windows 64bit machine, the installation seems to hang and will not proceed. What causes this? What are the steps to allow the installation to finish?
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
When ANSYS products are installing, there is a point in the installation where a message is sent to the system to inform all processes of new environment variables that were set. Some processes have a problem handling this call and do not respond. The following processes are ones that are known to cause the installation to hang by not responding; jusched.exe DLACTRLW.exe cc*.exe RTVScan.exe winvnc.exe nvsvc64.exe sldworks.exe NM*.exe NB*.exe To allow the ANSYS Products installation to complete, use the windows task Manager to “End Process” on any of the processes seen. After doing so, the installation should proceed and the user should see the next screen of the install process. After installation is finished, reboot to restart ended processes.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?