When I set up a mixture material with the NIST Multicomponent Real Gas model, Fluent fails with the error: “Error: REFPROP_error (117) from function: setupn[SETUP error 117] TNo mixture data are available for one or more binary pairs in the specified mixture. The mixture is outside the range of the model and calculations will not be made.”
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
Despite its appearance, this failure is actually due to a known limitation. It is documented in the Fluent User Guide as follows: “For mixture flows, not all combinations of species mixtures are allowed. This could be due to lack of data for one or more binary pairs. In such situations an error message generated by NIST will be returned and displayed on the ANSYS Fluent console, and no real gas material is allowed to be created.”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- I am running an electrochemistry simulation in Fluent. How can I access the electrochemistry reaction rates with UDF?
- How do I model humidity in Fluent?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Port Flow Part 1 – Getting Started
- LES Simulation of Turbulent Flames Using ANSYS Fluent
- How can volume fraction be plotted in a species transport simulation?
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Non-premixed Combustion using the Steady Flamelet Model
- What is a DASAC failure and how can I correct it?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 1 Getting Started
- Error “…Cannot find thermo database file …Reverting to default…” while reading PDF Table. How to link a specific thermodynamic database file to a case?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Engine Sector Combustion Part 6 Results