When I read a msh file into Fluent and try to implement a Momentum source based on an Expression, it fails to get applied and my source term gets disabled. Example: Enable an â€œX Momentumâ€ source in a zone and set the field to the expression type. Enter the expression: AreaAve(StaticPressure,[‘wall-mid’])/1[m]. (Or create the expression first and then assign it) Click â€œOKâ€ on the â€œX Momentum sourcesâ€ panel. The interface will briefly show the proper thing (one momentum source for X), then will disable the momentum sources checkbox. Why does this happen? Is there a workaround
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
This is a known defect and it affected releases 2021R2, 2022R1 and 2022R2. This happens only with expressions which cannot be evaluated. The workaround is to back all the way out of the zone setup and redo all the steps to set up the source. It should work with the second try. If you are working with a .cas file, save the save the cas (source term will not be set up, but expression can be present under Named Expressions), close down Fluent, relaunch and repeat the steps to creating the source
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?