When creating a surface from curves in, it creates a strange looking surface which does not follow the external curves.
Tagged: 14.5, fluid-dynamics, General, icem-cfd
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
This is due to the surface being quite complex. Two approaches might resolve this, First, you can segment the curves and make multiple surfaces taht composes the surface area you want. Do not worry about the additional curves and surfaces created, these can be meshed across by removing the connecting curves (done automatically via the build topology functions). The second way is to create a larger surface over the top of the bounding curves. If you use build toplogy on this, it will cut the necessary surface out from the larger surface leaving the surface in two sections, the required surface inside and the redundant trimmed part of the surface outside. Simply delete the part of the surface not required.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.