When an external pressure from a CFD analysis is mapped to the shell elements in Mechanical, do I choose the top, middle or bottom offset?
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
Depending upon which side the pressure is generated in CFD one needs to choose top or bottom offset. When face is selected in Mechanical, by default top side of the surface body is highlighted in green color. Face normals are in outward direction from top side. Assume an outward facing normals on a surface body, if the CFD analysis uses the internal surface one need to choose bottom-offset to properly map the pressure onto the shells. If the CFD analysis is performed for an external flow aerodynamic analysis, of say a watertight car, then the pressure loads should map using a top shell offset assuming an outward normal.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?